Watching action movies has always been a good way to inspire me to get started on that workout I had always been meaning to get started on “tomorrow” – the slew of beautiful bodies & sweaty abs pretty much make me
think I can do more than my 12 push ups and 10 sit ups. In a week.
However, after getting into logistics, movies have taken on a whole new wonderment to them. I don’t see trucks on screen anymore; they are now 40 foot trailers. Big ships have become either cruise ships or freighters. Even
the plots seem to mirror what the Alien team goes through!
Recently, I watched the “Expendables 2” with Stallone and his team taking on a seemingly easy paycheque issued by Bruce Willis’ character Mr Church, but what ensues along the way seems like what freight forwarders go through as part of life, albeit without the bullet & body count.
1. Repeat, one-off customer from the past. Check.
2. Seemingly easy paycheque. Check.
3. Unforeseen circumstances & missing vital information, leading to unexpected threats. Check.
4. Massive yelling and coordination work required to save the day. Check.
5. Hard earned drinks at the end of the day. Check & double check.
And how does the Expendables team get in, do the job, get out; rinse & repeat? I bet they do more than just 12 push ups and 10 sit ups. In a week.
Time to start getting fit!