Timeless, warm and eye catching at the same time. That’s just how characteristic wooden furniture and flooring are. The natural grains on the wood create the uniqueness of each piece, adding to its sophisticated yet simple elegance. Given that wood surfaces can be modified by just changing the finish, they can take on different looks to revitalize their beauty.
With growing pressure to reduce the carbon footprint of the built environment, building designers are increasingly being called upon to balance functionality and cost objectives with reduced environmental impact. Wood is a cost-effective material and a renewable resource that can help to achieve that balance. Here are 5 major reasons to go for wood*:
- Unlimited supply. Wood products are produced from trees, a naturally renewable resource
- Cost. Wood can be a suitable replacement in applications that use concrete, masonry and steel, and is frequently quicker and easier to erect, especially in tight job sites.
- Sustainability. Wood products are carbon-efficient and typically more sustainable than comparable materials.
- Aesthetics. Left exposed, wood structural elements offer impressive visuals that accentuate a project’s design.
- Safety. Design and engineering analysis, along with supporting research, shows that wood meets and often surpasses building code requirements for fire, seismic performance and wind resistance.
Alien Logistics is well versed in the wood & timber import/export procedures - for Malaysia. Work with us to avoid unnecessary worms coming out of the woodworks. Let's get chatting!